After I had outstayed my welcome in the pub I cycled around to find the nice quayside Helly had recommended, and I can see that she liked it as they named the park after her XD
I moseyed down to the ferry shortly after, the guy checked my credentials and sent me down a lane to wait behind some cars. An official waved me through and as I pushed the bike around the cars a woman told me to be careful as this was a walkway. I told her I was walking. She snuffed like a bulldog.

The bikes were first, I was behind a much older couple, oh and by the way, I never learned anyone's name so I'm just going to make them up. So I stood behind Dennis and Barbara, yep that'll do, and listened as motorcycle people discussed how KTMs were the best. I didn't say much. Then 10 more people turned up including a group of three fiftyish women, Agatha Glenda and uh... Norma-jean, who struck up a convo almost instantly as if they had a word quota to fill. I still didn't say much.
A well worn man in his 40s, straggly with matted hair and a deep smokers voice, told of his trip down the west coast of the states calling it "one if the best cycle trips in the world". I noted this. He seemed legit as his bike was at least a decade old and carrying what could have been a small village. He was probably called Keith.

We boarded finally and it turns out I had a seat allocated next to Denn and Babs who I asked a few tips from. Then I went for an explore. I found and used the shower before we even departed and decided to ditch the T-shirt I'd been wearing since before cheddar gorge and the boxers that I found had a hole in the gooch.
This is where I ended up l. On the floor next to the nearest plug and I finished my book (It was good I shall read the next). Then the lights went out and I heard the man who had just gotten down on the floor, for a better place to write, give an audible sigh. I snuggled down using everything I had with me as a pillow. Annoyed by the announcement stating our arrival time and realisation that I would be losing an hour of sleep due to time difference. Arse.

I moseyed down to the ferry shortly after, the guy checked my credentials and sent me down a lane to wait behind some cars. An official waved me through and as I pushed the bike around the cars a woman told me to be careful as this was a walkway. I told her I was walking. She snuffed like a bulldog.

The bikes were first, I was behind a much older couple, oh and by the way, I never learned anyone's name so I'm just going to make them up. So I stood behind Dennis and Barbara, yep that'll do, and listened as motorcycle people discussed how KTMs were the best. I didn't say much. Then 10 more people turned up including a group of three fiftyish women, Agatha Glenda and uh... Norma-jean, who struck up a convo almost instantly as if they had a word quota to fill. I still didn't say much.
A well worn man in his 40s, straggly with matted hair and a deep smokers voice, told of his trip down the west coast of the states calling it "one if the best cycle trips in the world". I noted this. He seemed legit as his bike was at least a decade old and carrying what could have been a small village. He was probably called Keith.

We boarded finally and it turns out I had a seat allocated next to Denn and Babs who I asked a few tips from. Then I went for an explore. I found and used the shower before we even departed and decided to ditch the T-shirt I'd been wearing since before cheddar gorge and the boxers that I found had a hole in the gooch.
This is where I ended up l. On the floor next to the nearest plug and I finished my book (It was good I shall read the next). Then the lights went out and I heard the man who had just gotten down on the floor, for a better place to write, give an audible sigh. I snuggled down using everything I had with me as a pillow. Annoyed by the announcement stating our arrival time and realisation that I would be losing an hour of sleep due to time difference. Arse.


No comments :
Post a Comment