I took about 4 photos today, the scenery didn't change very much at all and tbh it was a bit of a slog in hot weather. I did choose to get of the canal for a bit which was good for smooth riding but bad for hills. I then spent about half an hour just browsing in air-conditioning shop just to cool down. The wall of heat was so apparent when I left. The padded shorts were performing well protecting my nubblies. What I'm not sure about is if you're meant to wear underwear as well. I chose to.

I passed through this place named after the street magician. **Update I also managed to cut my thumb cleaning my pen knife before lunch so I had a blood and brie baguette despite my best efforts.

I wanted to get to Nantes but the inner city campsites were expensive and I doubled back to take some normal roads to a site on the outskirts (I have to admit looking on booking.com for a cheap hotel but that urge subsided after I've cooled down and rested a bit). The site was busy but it wasn't full. Unlike the ones in the centre - which I found out when I unexpectedly saw Rob pull up again. He'd been into the Nantes to find that out first hand and also had to battle through a few road blocks. Very glad I forfeited what should have been a nice scenic route for the sake of saving 3km travel. We got a free welcome shot glass of wine and some salty biscuit things.
The day wasn't remarkable but we ended up sampling a few of the local beers and ciders and just having a chat/alcohol fueled philosophical discussion. This should be the last time I encounter him as the vicar-turned-teacher is turning round and heading back, and I'm going west along the eurovelo 6.
Also I made friends with a lovely affectionate one eyed cat.

It's been 5 days of consecutive riding I think I need a break. If I find the right campsite I'll stay two nights.

I passed through this place named after the street magician. **Update I also managed to cut my thumb cleaning my pen knife before lunch so I had a blood and brie baguette despite my best efforts.

I wanted to get to Nantes but the inner city campsites were expensive and I doubled back to take some normal roads to a site on the outskirts (I have to admit looking on booking.com for a cheap hotel but that urge subsided after I've cooled down and rested a bit). The site was busy but it wasn't full. Unlike the ones in the centre - which I found out when I unexpectedly saw Rob pull up again. He'd been into the Nantes to find that out first hand and also had to battle through a few road blocks. Very glad I forfeited what should have been a nice scenic route for the sake of saving 3km travel. We got a free welcome shot glass of wine and some salty biscuit things.
The day wasn't remarkable but we ended up sampling a few of the local beers and ciders and just having a chat/alcohol fueled philosophical discussion. This should be the last time I encounter him as the vicar-turned-teacher is turning round and heading back, and I'm going west along the eurovelo 6.
Also I made friends with a lovely affectionate one eyed cat.

It's been 5 days of consecutive riding I think I need a break. If I find the right campsite I'll stay two nights.
I think that's a good idea. You need a day off now and again to relax and rehydrate. See you on the next blog
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off!! Loving the blog �� xx mum ( having probs logging on to gmail account)
ReplyDeleteNight night
ReplyDelete