-->

Friday, 10 July 2015

Day 1 part deux: cerne giant and cider


In Dorchester while searching for directions I stumbled upon the dinosaur museum (hells yeah) and instinctively went out of my way to check it out. I saw these beauties outside.

This was the first time I left my luggage alone with the bike locked up. Kept all my important with me but was still nerve wracking as everyone became bandits and thieves in my eyes. Like that glaring old lady. She would have slit my throat i know it. No probs though.




Took a detour to see the cerne giant. The chalky naked man on the hill. An old man told me women used to dance naked around it to be more fertile. This info was offered in exchange for help with his tablet camera as I was "young enough to understand these things."
Had some fruit and nut mix I bought earlier accompanied by veggie cocktail sausages. Now I had just cycled 12 miles and my luggage wasn't more than two metres away from where I sat. But I couldn't be arsed to get the pen knife from my bag to open the packet I was struggling with. I used a twig that was in reach to stab it with. Laziness is all relative.

Fecking ages later and up two massive hills I got near Yeovil and stopped at a pub and had the first of two ciders that day.


Found a campsite using the WiFi and made my way through the town and out the north side, no one was around and the feisty old lady called me a cheeky beggar for already setting up my home for the night. I paid her through her car window got a shower token from the wooden duck by her cottage's front door. Had another cider. Washed, read, and slept like a large man on a hard floor.

Ps weather was nice

No comments :

Post a Comment